The aim of this masterclass is to give attendees the skills and confidence to proactively build their professional network. ‘Networking for career success’ will enable participants to network with skill whilst maintaining their own unique voice.
Networking has always been a controversial topic for the academic community. Many researchers think that you have to be extroverted to network well. This masterclass will dispel this myth and others to enable participants to network with authenticity and integrity.
Participants will learn how to prepare for networking, what to do in an event or conference and how to turn one-off conversations into a lasting professional relationship. The facilitator uses role-play and practical sessions to make the lessons come to life while encouraging participants to embrace vulnerability.
At the end of the masterclass, participants will understand:
- How to effectively get their message across in academic environments (e.g. conferences, meetings, etc).
- How good body language can reinforce their message.
- Others’ body language and what it can reveal.
- How to deliver a confident elevator pitch.
- How to approach a high level contact.
- A proactive approach to networking.
- How to reinforce and retain contacts.
- How to troubleshoot common networking issues.